Status Menu Icon for Time Machine displaying wrong latest backup Time / Date

Reaction score
Hi,

For a couple of months now the icon in the status bar for Time Machine has been showing the wrong date / time for the latest backup..

When it displays the wrong date / time, If you click on the Time Machine icon in the dock it does not open... But if you click on "Open Time Machine Perfences" It shows the correct Date/Time in this window.

I use Time Machine to Backup to a NAS Drive on my local network.

Also after a couple of days the Calendar Icon on the dock also shows the wrong date...

But if I restart my MAC it then shows the correct date till the following morning when yet again it shows wrong date / time for the latest backup

I've tried deleting the Time Machine "com.apple.TimeMachine.plist" file and this did not work.

My Spec:-

OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6

Processor:- 2.7GHz Intel Core i5

Memory:- 16GB

Hope someone can help

Thanks

Pete

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which exact model Mac?
-Do you have Set date and time automatically checked/enabled in  > System Preferences... > Date & Time? Is the time zone correct?

C

Reaction score
Hi,

exact model Mac:- iMac (21.5 inch, Late 2012)
Yes I have date and time set automatically, and it's the correct Time Zone...

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks for the additional information.

-How far off is the date/time?
-What brand/model is the NAS?
-Is the NAS Time Machine-compatible?
-If the NAS has an embedded server, does it have a web interface where you could check the date/time?

C

Reaction score
OK, thanks for the additional information.

-How far off is the date/time? The date and time on the status bar when you click on the time machine icon normally says:- Latest Backup to "Backup NAS" Yesterday 00:37. (Example Time), But it's always just after midnight. Then the next day it would change Yesterday to the date of the backup.
-What brand/model is the NAS? I have a Synology DS216se
-Is the NAS Time Machine-compatible? Yes, I followed the Instructions for setting it up
-If the NAS has an embedded server, does it have a web interface where you could check the date/time? Yes it have a web interface, the date/time are correct

C

Thanks Pete

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hmmm...I didn't forget about this...just doing a bit more research.

Will get back to you if I have any additional information/suggestions.

C

Ask a Question