Getting my Mac unplayed podcasts on my Apple Watch

Reaction score
It isn't obvious where to post this.

I want to know how to tell my Catalina's Podcast app to load "Listen Now" (or any other selected) podcasts on my Apple Watch.

I do a walk regimen where I like to listen to podcasts. I look at my podcasts on my Catalina Podcast app and see episodes in "Listen Now".

When I take my walk, sometimes I find a partial episode on my Apple Watch. When this happens, I can often finish it later. Or I can try to play it on my Mac, but my Mac doesn't know where I left out. I mark some old episodes as unplayed on my Mac and maybe in a couple of days, they show up on my watch. My watch lists lots and lots and lots of episodes, but those are apparently just titles, they can't be found. Often I can't find any unplayed "Listen Now" apps on my watch.

For the last week, I haven't been able to play any podcasts on my watch. For the last couple of days, I also can't play if I try using my iPhone. In both cases, I get the message "Unable to Play". Something went wrong. Try again later. I powered down both devices, then powered on my iPhone, then powered on my Apple Watch, and after searching for my AirPods, was working again.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
That only got one podcast. When I tried to continue, I got that same error again.

Ask a Question