How do I completely cripple my daughter getting texts on her new MacBook Pro?

Reaction score
Apologies if this question is off topic or answered elsewhere (I did attempt a search and came up blank).

I'm looking to cripple, not turn off, but really cripple my daughter's new macbook receiving texts. She needs her computer to do homework and taking the cell phone away does not provide an interruption free space for her to do that homework if the macbook will get all the texts.

I can easily find the answer on the web that say to go click the button in preferences dialog to turn this on and off.

Unfortunately, so can my daughter, so that answer is of no use here.

What I'm looking for is something a bit more invasive. I'm quite comfortable with at a linux and/or unix command line and have been for 20 years or more.

So I'm looking to get down into the OS at the command line and disable whatever background process that gets the texts or move the application that receives the text to somewhere else or something along those lines.

My daughter doesn't know what a command line is yet :).

Any help shutting off the messaging would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Beleagured parent.

Reaction score
It is probably overkill, but you could use appcleaner to totally remove the app. As it is a protected app you will be prompted to change your preferences in order to proceed.

Reaction score
you should be able to turn it on and off with automator or applescript, but obviously she would be able to override that.

Ask a Question