Is there a way to stop my computer from automatically shutting down completely when I accidentally hit the power button?

Gram Brinson

Reaction score
I have a MacBook Pro running El Capitan version 10.11.2. When I hit the power button (even if it’s very briefly), my computer seems to shut down. I would like to not have to restart all my applications every time I miss the backspace button. Is there some way I can make my computer show a dialog box before shutting down? Thanks in advance.

Ad

Advertisements

Lufbrarunner

Reaction score
Not sure what's going on there. On my MBP if I just touch the power button it has no effect, if I hold it down for 1 second the MBP goes to sleep and a touch on the keyboard wakes it up and if I press and hold the power button I get a dialog box asking me if I want to restart, sleep, cancel or shut down also there is a tick box for choosing if you want to reopen windows when logging back in.

Ask a Question