Is there any way to tell my iPhone's podcast app to re-sync unplayed podcasts?

Reaction score
Is there any way to tell my iPhone's podcast app to re-sync unplayed podcasts?

It is not unusual to start a podcast on my iPhone or Apple Watch and it fail to play. I check my iPhone and it tells me it's "Temporarily Unavailable". And it stays that way for days until I give up and tell it to skip through to the end. Most of the time, when I get a new podcast issue on my Mac, it shows up with no problem on my phone. But sometimes it has that issue.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

Maybe try turning off syncing and then turn it back on:

Sync your podcasts​

By default, your podcast library syncs across your devices so that if you pause an episode on one device, you can pick up where you left off on another. But if you turned off syncing, you can turn it back on. Here's how:
  • On your iOS device, go to the Settings app. Scroll to Podcasts, tap it, then tap Sync Podcasts.
  • On your Mac, open the Podcasts app, choose Podcasts > Preferences from the menu bar. Click Advanced, then select "Sync subscriptions across devices."
C

Reaction score
I always have syncing on. But it doesn't always work. Sometimes I get the same podcast twice. Sometimes my phone or watch get the podcast but there's something wrong with it. I'd like to reset, reload, & resync when it's not working right.

Ask a Question