Phantom Folders?

Reaction score
Hi there. I got a macbook for christmas and I've been trying to move all my files over from my pc today. In the process of doing so, I tried to copy 35 gb of pictures off of my external hard drive and into my pictures folder. However, I mis-clicked and copied them to the user folder. Realizing my error, I cancelled the copy but now the entire user folder is a blank white space that I assume all of the folders of pictures I intended to copy would've occupied. But there are no folders. So I can't delete them. I've tried the clean up option but the computer seems to think that there are 50something folders taking up all this space. I don't know if I'm explaining this well enough so I included a picture. This is by no means an imperative issue but it's really annoying haha. Thanks for any help :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-01-11 at 9.36.52 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-01-11 at 9.36.52 PM.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 273
Reaction score
Hi,

I cancelled the copy but now the entire user folder is a blank white space

I would just like you to clarify something, as your screen shot shows a sites folder, do you also have a desktop > documents> downloads > movies > music > pictures folder etc?
In the process of doing so, I tried to copy 35 gb of pictures off of my external hard drive and into my pictures folder.

It would have been much easier if you had opened iPhoto and just imported the photos from the external hard drive directly into its library.

Ask a Question