Icons and folders disappear from 2nd monitor

Reaction score
Hi everyone and I recently bout a new Mac mini. I was running a MacBook Pro for a few years and was running two monitors. I basically just got the Mac mini and plugged in the same two monitors. For some reason after the Mac goes to sleep ( I have it set to do this after 15 minutes) when I wake it back up the 2nd monitor is on, it is showing the picture in the background and I can even use the dock at the bottom but all of my icons and folders disappear. When I restart everything up again and put in my password all is good and everything is there like I had it before. It is after it sleeps they disappear. When they disappear they don't even get shifted to the primary screen they are just gone. How do I stop this from happening? It never did this when I had the MacBook Pro hooked up the same way.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome,

Sounds like one of the monitors isn't waking up, so the "main screen" is the 2nd monitor. That is why you would get the menu bar and Dock, as well as Desktop items on it.

-Have you tried swapping the monitor connections to see if both will wake?
-Have you verified your Display settings?

C

Ask a Question