Phantom folder on server

Reaction score
Yes, crazy but true. We had a power surge last Thursday. As a result or just coincidence 2 things began to happen. First, when trying from any program to open, get text or get picture the first window that opens has in it 1 Quark file and folder with 1 Illustrator file in it. That folder is actually the phantom duplicate of my 01New Jobs folder that has several folders and files inside of it. I have actually deleted that 1 file and 1 folder from the server but it continues to pop up. I can even open the Quark file! Yet when I do a search it does not exist!

Then, when double clicking on folders on my HD the folders open in column view. My preferences are set that way. But when I try to double click any folder that is on the server I can not get it to open in the window. Only the little arrow will turn down to view what's inside. Consequently when in Quark and trying to 'Save to new Folder' or 'Collect for output' the files wind up saving a level above because I can't open the folder in the window. This obviously is wreacking havoc on my job filing system. Files are winding up everywhere. I know it sounds like such a crazy, complicated issue but I think I have narrowed it down to something wigging on the server because everything accessed from my HD seems to be working fine.

Just some more interesting info that might shed some light. The path to this phantom file:
Arbor
Dual G4 (my HD)
Volumes (a folder I have not been able to locate)
Share (the server)
01New Jobs

When I actuaally click on the REAL 01New Jobs folder the path is:
Arbor
01New Jobs

My HD and that Volumes folder are somehow stuck between???????

I am running 10.4.1, Quark 6.5 and Creative Suite 2.

I have already trashed ALL the preferences in the Library and reloaded Quark on 3 times.

Please HELPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!

PSHUTA

Ask a Question