Phantom files

Reaction score
I work with a MAC MINI running High Sierra. If I download a file from this computer and open it on my PC running WIN 10 PRO I see a lot of phantom files (?) along with the real files (they look like regular files but the file icon is light/faded). If I try to open the phantom files my PC says that I do not have the program to open them. The regular files open fine. It happens with many file types (pdf, pics, doc). Any help or direction will be appreciated. Thank you. Screen capture attached, phantom file indicated.

Attachments

• phantom.jpg
    phantom.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Never heard of an SSC file - seems to be a Celestia Solar System Catalog file or Stellarium Script file, both of which I haven't run across. Are you using either of those applications? If not, what type of files are they listed as on the Mac? Where are they stored on your Mac?

C

Reaction score
It is a program called MEDIASHOUT. It is a presentation program similar to POWERPOINT. I have the program both on the MiniMac and my PC. I work with the program on both computers. It only happens when I copy files from the MiniMac and try to view them on the PC. The only problem seems to be that some of the graphics do not transfer with the file. Sometimes it seems like the file is duplicated. There is the file that I can open on my computer (missing some graphics) and there appears to be a phantom copy of the file (including graphics) also in the file.

Last edited:

Ask a Question