Pages -- Text Writing Backwards

Reaction score
I'm using Pages to design a room remodel layout. It's simple with shapes representing furniture and identifying text boxes. Trouble is that all text I'm putting into label the shapes/boxes is coming in backwards. It's been awhile since I've seen this and I know there is a simple fix, but I can't find it ... HELP please :)

P.S. This is NOT an issue of flipping the box horizontally or vertically. When inputting/writing the text it inserts itself backwards!!!

Thx in advance for your help :) :) :)

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Thanks ;)

-Is the text being entered in a text box? If the text box is selected, Arrange > Flip Horizontally would correct that.
-Could you possibly have changed the defaults in a template or a paragraph style?

C

Reaction score
Thanks ;)

-Is the text being entered in a text box? If the text box is selected, Arrange > Flip Horizontally would correct that.
-Could you possibly have changed the defaults in a template or a paragraph style?

C
As I stated in my original message -- this is not an issue of flipping the text. That doesn't work in this situation -- why? I have NO idea. Wish it were that simple. Whether using a simple text box or adding text directly to a shape, the text will NOT write correctly. On a shape, I can get text written correctly if after every letter I hit the arrow key to place my cursor for the proper letter placement. But imagine doing that with EVERY word/space/punctuation ???

I am just using a blank doc to start, and I have not used any paragraph features/styles. I am pretty proficient with doing this kind of thing, but always just build my own from scratch. There is some way this kind of thing shows in the inspector so you can correct it, but I cannot remember how to make it show. Pages has so many little annoying features that it's so frustrating ... wish there was something else to use ... NO I wish Apple would return iWork to it's original glory!!!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK...a couple of things to try:

-View > Show Layout
-View > Show Invisibles
-View > Show Arrange Tools

Do any of those help?

Also, do you have the older version of Pages still installed - Applications > iWork '09 folder?

C

Ask a Question