Reformatting in Pages

Reaction score
I have been copying and pasting text from a PDF into a new Pages document.. It pastes fine but in its original font size and column width. When I go to enlarge it to a new font size the text will not spread right across my page but keeps creating a new line, even if it's one word.

I am sure it's an easy fix, but I can't figure it out on my own. Suggestions?
Thanks

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Which version of OS X/macOS?
-Which version of Pages?
-Have you tried Paste and Match Style instead of the default Paste?

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
It can be found in the Edit menu, or by using the keyboard command: Option-Shift-Command-V instead of Command-V for a regular paste.

Let us know if that works for you,

C

Reaction score
Still isn't working. This is what I get
"Its always a tough place to be, especially for a young designer or film-maker, to know
at what
point one can draw the line and not go along with unreasonable requests.

It's as though I am not dealing with just plain text. It doesn't know it has the full width of my page
to go on and tries to create a new line after a certain number of words.

Reaction score
Hi,

I have tried to recreate your issue, but I have no problems changing fonts and sizes with copy and paste from a pdf opened in preview. I am also running MacOS High SIerra 10.13.6 (5683) and pages 7.1

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hmmm...Paste and Match Style should work as far as the font and size go. Some formatting may be retained, such as tabs and some list bulleting, but you should be able to fully edit any pasted text.

If you want, you can upload/link one of the PDFs you are copying the text from, so we can test it with the same source. I have tried Pages 7.1 on the latest versions of Sierra and High Sierra, and it works normally for me too.

C

Reaction score
Thank you for your interest in my issue. I was going to upload my PDF but it is 14 pages long and contains some confidential information. BUT I found that if I saved the entire PDF as a text document, then I could copy and paste into my pages and then adjust it to the way I want it, so that works for me.

Reaction score
P.S. I am going to see my favorite trainers at the local Apple store tomorrow and will also get their take on the issue.

Ask a Question