Old Passwords

Reaction score
Glad to have found this forum:
My question, On my imac and iphone I have apple id newly updated, but on both phone and imac there keeps popping and email address that has not been associated with apple id in over 2 years, and it keeps me from being able to log on to iCloud. How can I remove these addresses? I have been to apple website and have googled for an answer for the last 3 day's so far no help.

Reaction score
It could be asking for the password because you have an app on the devices trying to update that has been purchased on the old Apple ID. Purchases are permanently linked to the Apple iD that they were made on. To resolve this you need to delete the app and download/repurchase it with your current Apple ID.

Reaction score
I appreciate your reply, but this email address I thought was discarded over 2 years ago, I would have no idea what app might have been paid under this id. Again thanks for your reply. RM

Ask a Question