SOLVED Finder - Open folders in tabs broken

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for checking out this post,

I switched this option the other day - now, for whatever reason, it won't revert back to separate windows when opening folders.

Tried at least 5-6 times checking the box, relaunching the Finder, it's already been a few days with multiple restarts because I was just going to forget it..
Will someone please help me figure this out. All the sites I've visited so far walk you through the steps to apply but no troubleshooting.

Here's a link to what it looks like in case you can't picture it already: https://streamable.com/0du2le
Thanks again, just hope it gets resolved. :)

Reaction score
Hi,

Once you have changed the option, goto the Apple and log out of your account then shut down. Leave a few minuets before rebooting.
I switched this option the other day - now, for whatever reason, it won't revert back to separate windows when opening folders.
Only way I know of doing this is as my screen shot.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 22.15.59.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 22.15.59.png
    331.4 KB · Views: 69
Reaction score
Hi,

Once you have changed the option, goto the Apple and log out of your account then shut down. Leave a few minuets before rebooting.

Only way I know of doing this is as my screen shot.
Thanks for your reply, gonna try it and see if that'll do it. :)

** yea, not sure.. still doing it. Figured it was pretty random and isolated as there weren't many replies.
Jus gonna take some getting used to i guess.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Dock Settings, not Finder Preferences - why?
Also, it's unbelievable how the "Open Folders in tabs" box is also checked from within Finder Preferences - yet when changing this dock setting to manual, it somehow gets overridden.

Attachments

• Dock Settings.png
    Dock Settings.png
    344.4 KB · Views: 69

Ask a Question