SOLVED Samba share, finder window open at startup

Reaction score
I recently built a server from some old PC parts, it is running Ubuntu server 18.04.2, I have 4 HDDs on hte server and have them set up as Samba share which I can access from my iMac and Mac Mini. On the iMac I have these shares set up in Log in items so that they mount at startup, this works well except they start up with their finder windows open, I would prefer them closed. I have tried with the hide option ticked and unticked, no change.

Any thoughts or ideas as to a solution would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Finally sorted it, I had been trying to use Automator to solve this, but in the end I made a small Applescript app to do it. I added the applescript app to my login items and the windows are closed automatically.
I may have to bone up on Applescript a bit more as it may help solve some more problems in the future.

Reaction score
No worries Cory, it was one of thos things where you bang your head against a wall for a day ot two then then 4 hours after I post looking for helpI have a lightbulb moment :)

The good thing is, that because I started looking at apple-scripting, I now have a couple of other scripts sorted to streamline my workflow.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
;)

And now that you are learning AppleScript/Automator, we will refer those questions to you! HA!

C

Ask a Question