Noise from top left of Macbook air 2011 on power up

Reaction score
Hey Guys (And girls)

I am needing a bit of advice. I purchased a Macbook air in december and i've had to have the trackpad replaced already. However, when i got it back from repair i noticed a subtle buzz noise come from the top left, just behind the mag charger it only lasts a split second on power up and waking up from sleep. I'ts not very loud you need to be in a very quiet room to hear it but you can hear it when you put your hear to it? I took it in again and Apple said they 'Couldn't replicate the problem' I took it to a different store who said it was the fan fins just taping as they lifted up before spinning as usual so they replaced the fan and said its gone. Now i got it home and it hasn't gone at all, its exactly the same. Does anybody else have this on there macbook air? Was it always there and i never noticed or is it not supposed to do this?

Joe

Reaction score
Because this issue has been logged with Apple, you have very little to worry about, I'd definitely buy Extended AppleCare, that way if it does get worse or cause other problems you have it covered under warranty.

No none of our Airs make noise, or not that I've noticed.

Ask a Question