Cursor is flickering and Mac makes a terrible noise!!!!

Reaction score
Hi, I have been experiencing this problem with my Mac BookPro twice: all of a sudden the cursor starts flickering and becomes unmanageable, then the whole Mac starts making a hammering noise as if the system was freezing...
When it happened last time (about 4 months ago) I took it to the Apple store and left it with the tech guys who replaced the whole keyboard and surrounding area, without telling me though what might have been the problem. Now it's happening again and it's no good.
I use my Mac for work, it is only two years old and repaired once....does someone know what the problem is and if there is a way to solve it/avoid it? Many thanks for your help

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which exact model Mac?
-Which version of OS X?
-Does it sound like a clunking/clicking sound coming mainly from the front right-hand side of the computer?
-Were you experiencing any hanging/freezing/spinning beachball cursor before hearing the sound?

It may be a failing hard drive,

C

Ask a Question