No videos, just a black square...

Reaction score
How can I get back Lizzie's video-watching ability?

Morning get-me-ready routine thrown asunder - went to play Spider online, have been required to "agree" and click RUN before play. Today, only a warning (blue circle with an "i" in the centre) that my security is blocking it.

Unable to figure it out, I moved to the next step - "The Upworthiest" to see newly posted videos. No could do as all I got was black where the video would have played. Nothing, nada, not even pointing hand. Tried YouTube, same thing. Reinstalled Java 7 Update 51, checked security settings. Back to videos, still just the regular cursor. Then regular cursing. (ahem)

What the Fukushima happened?

More importantly, how can I get it back?

If anyone has a suggestion, I'm open and able with gratitude and a vow to pay it forward.

Befuddled
Anna

Reaction score
Hi and welcome,

Double check Flash Player is up to date, as my screen shots.

Attachments

• Flash1.jpg
    Flash1.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 319
  • Flash2.jpg
    Flash2.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 302
Reaction score
Tried that... after I did an uninstall with intention of re-install. At which point I got this again "JavaScript error encountered" unable to install blah blah. Will try uninstall/reinstall there.
Moochos Gracias

Reaction score
Safari. Re-downloaded Adobe Flash Player yesterday, was able to watch video. Today, however, similar problem - different warning this time: install flash to view. So I did. Twice. And still can't get video. This is nutty.

Reaction score
Hi,

Tried that... after I did an uninstall with intention of re-install. At which point I got this again "JavaScript error encountered"
Double check your Safari preferences > Security and make sure JS is enabled, as my screen shot.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-01-22 at 20.43.00.png
    Screen Shot 2014-01-22 at 20.43.00.png
    81.5 KB · Views: 314
Reaction score
Did that earlier, reinstalled Flash, then was able to see SOME stuff, while "Adobe Flash Player is required for video playback, Get the latest Flash Player" appears on all others. Your screen shot showed one thing I'd had unchecked - allow plugins
Doing that, will let you know result -

Reaction score
Hi,

Your most welcome and pleased to hear you have solved the issue. Happy viewing.:)

Ask a Question