Mac won't fullscreen any videos.

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Here's the problem. If i go onto youtube or any other site with video I cannot fullscreen the video. I have tried on both Chrome and Safri. I've tried restarting, checking for updates and troubleshooting. Not sure what it is thats stopping videos going full screen but if I click the box icon to do so nothing happens. Any ideas ? Thanks.

Reaction score
Need some more information:

1. What exact Mac model do you have?

2. What exact Mac OS are you running?

3. What version of Chrome, and what version of Safari?

4. What about other sites which have videos? Same issues?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I believe it may be the version of OS X or Safari/Chrome that is causing that. My old Snow Leopard Mac mini will not do full screen video - especially in YouTube.

C

Reaction score
Hello,

I believe it may be the version of OS X or Safari/Chrome that is causing that. My old Snow Leopard Mac mini will not do full screen video - especially in YouTube.

C

Yeah, Cory, that could be the case. I don't know what OS alex is running, but for all my time using Sierra and the latest version of Google Chrome, I have never had the issue alex is encountering. (Don't know about Safari, as I rarely ever use it).

Reaction score
Hey, It's a MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015)
It's running Osx Yosemite 10.10.5
Safair and Chrome are on the latest versions.

Same issue on Netflix Youtube etc etc
Im at a bit of a loss..

Reaction score
I also have a Mac Book Air, a mid 2013 13" model running the latest version of Sierra (OS 10.12.6), and I am not having this issue. It's the same whether I use the latest versions of Google Chrome, Opera, or Firefox.

Suspect this is not related, but what happens when you use a program like VLC or Quicktime to view videos on your machine, ie, not using the internet. Can you resize the video OK?

Reaction score
Don't know. I know I am having java script "issues" with trying to use the Chat feature on Logitech's site (trying to get help with one of my Logitech mice).

When I just did a search of "Java" using EasyFind, it found many files/folders that had Java as part of its name.

Here is one thing you could try. Download the excellent freeware program AppCleaner, available from here:

https://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

Install it, and then run it. Drag the icon for Google Chrome into it, and it will find all the "stuff" associated with Google Chrome. Be aware, though, that on AppCleaner's screen that shows all those files, etc., you should scroll down it, and if necessary, check on anything that is not checked off. Click on Remove, enter your admin password when prompted, and that will get rid of all the "stuff" associated with Google Chrome. You'll most likely lose your bookmarks, but you can easily recreate them.

Unfortunately, you can't do that with Safari, without a fresh, clean installation of Yosemite.

Turn off your machine, restart it, and then download and install the latest version of Google Chrome. You might also want to try Firefox. The new version is very fast!

Let us know what happens.

Reaction score
didn't do the appcleaner but downloaded firefox and i can get fullscreen on there..so maybe i just use that..
strange though

Ask a Question