My wife's Mac won't see her phone over Wi-Fi

Reaction score
I wanted to test my wife's iPhone to see if it (and her Apple Watch 4 which is on order), can back up to her iMac's iTunes the way my iPhone and iPad do. When it is plugged into her iMac, it backs up fine. When it is plugged into her iMac, it shows as "Sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi" as checked. But when it is plugged into a wall charger, her iTunes does not see her iPhone. It sees my iPad, which was plugged into her computer once last July. Her iTunes shows my iPad was backed up there last July (it was backed up into my iMac today using Wi-Fi.

I tried plugging her phone into a power plug that I use for my iPad - still her iTunes didn't see it.

What should I look at next? (All operating systems are current)

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I know it is a simple question, but did you verify both are on the same Wi-Fi network?

C

Reaction score
Yes, I did. We do have two networks we can use (one for our over-50 community, and one which comes with our cable box). I wish devices could use more than one network at a time. Switching my printer or HomePod from one to the other is a pain.

Ask a Question