Need help recovering unintentionally deleted HD Videos from SSD

Reaction score
I met a big trouble yesterday; my MacBook keeps crashing after upgrading to SSD. I lost few HD videos of my recent project from another sudden crash. I usually have many apps turned on. I am wondering why this is happening. Can anyone help out?

Reaction score
Need to know the following:

1. What exact Mac OS are you running? Also, how did you "arrive" at that version? Did you upgrade "in place"?

2. Have you ever done an disk cleanup/maintenance/repairs, from a software perspective? By that I mean have you ever run any disk-related software to help with those tasks? There are some excellent products available (both free and commercial) that can help you with that.

3. This is critical: are you making backups to an external device? If you are, what software are you using for that?

4. How much free space do you have on the SSD?

Reaction score
Do you have backup of your data? Using an aggressive backup schedule is enough to mitigate your risk of data loss. Your first step would be to use decent data recovery software such as Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery software to recover your data.

Reaction score
Do you have backup of your data? Using an aggressive backup schedule is enough to mitigate your risk of data loss. Your first step would be to use decent data recovery software such as Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery software to recover your data.

Well stated! This link contains a good discussion of backups for Macs:

https://www.mac-help.com/threads/backups-backups-backups.223959/

It would be good to read it. I myself use SuperDuper! for my backups, which I do once a week. That schedule suits my needs just fine.

Ask a Question