No power

Reaction score
installed " amaron "ups system for new late 2015 non retina imac 21.5, partial boot >restart>partial boot>shutdown. apple care repaired it calling it a software issue. took it home and ran for 1 yr. now same process is happening complete loss of power. been to apple 3 times, 1st time at apple it powered up, 2nd time no power, again they said it was repaired,back to home after 2 days again, shut down> restart>shutdown>partial boot>no power> back to apple.it seems like a hardware issue, power source or inverter but im shooting in the dark im no techie but have researched as much as i can and am now looking into ups system for insufficent electrical power..... what i need to know is what is needed coming out of ups system, volts, watts etc so when i get the ups tested i can eliminate the ups as a cause or correct it........all assistance is welcomed ......thank you all very much.....
dennis

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

The iMac has an auto-switching power supply internally:
Line voltage: 100–240V AC
Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz, single phase

The actual power cord used and AC mains determine what it will run at.

I would also have the outlet that it is connected to tested, an/or try it on another.

C

Reaction score
gary,
thanks for the response, had the ups tested and it came in, at the plug at 232V...(240V grid).....my friend has a 27 imac w/ peripherals and his ups is at 229V and has no problems so i can surmise that it is a hardware issue in the 22.5 mac..........power source is a good candidate...... what say you?
d.

Ask a Question