What OS for my PowerBook 1400c?

Reaction score
Hi All, since I am struggling mightily to get software to run on my powerbook 1400c the
question arises. Which version of Mac OS should I be running on my Mac. The System is
a PowerPC 603e running at 117mhz, it has 32mgs of ram installed and Virtual ram is set
at 32mgs. I am using a 1 gig hard drive. I am currently running Mac OS 9.1. A lot of the
software I am trying to use requires MacTCP, only OS 9.1 doesn't use it, it uses MacTCP DNR.
This is obviously not the same thing. So I am open to suggestions as to what OS would be
best for my set up?
Thanks in advance for the advice
Brad Hansen

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi again,

I would suggest 8.6 or 9.1. I can't remember the difference between MacTCP and MacTCP DNR right now, so I will look into it.

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Now that I setup an old Power Macintosh 8600 running OS 9.1, I see that MacTCP DNR replaced MacTCP at some point. They should have the same functionality, along with some new features in MacTCP DNR.

I guess it may help to know what software isn't working with MacTCP DNR?

C

Ask a Question