Start up problem with Power Mac 7300/180

Reaction score
Hello
First time post/user of this Forum. I have an old Power Mac 7300/180 that I brought out of storage to access some files from back in the day.
Have not used it since 2006 (and had tossed the old monitor)
Hooked it up to VGA screen wth adaptor.
Hooked up kybd ( no mouse) ..plugged in AC and turned it on
Things worked although screen visual was intermittment.. cutting in and out.
Used dialogue box via kybd to shut down the machine.
It ran it's course and shut down.
Tried to start it up five minutes later .Would not start up.
No power. nothing at all.. what could be the problem.
Dead battery?
tried the Cuda reset ( didnt seem to do anything)...no response at all.
Any suggestions as to how to get it running to access the files I wanted would be appreciated.
Cheers
rD

Reaction score
What Mac OS does it have? Also, if you have never done any disk cleanup/maintenance/repairs, from a software perspective, that is also troublesome.

Reaction score
What Mac OS does it have? Also, if you have never done any disk cleanup/maintenance/repairs, from a software perspective, that is also troublesome.
It has OS 9.1
It hasnt been turned on since 2007... it worked yesterday ..now it won't turn on at all..like no power is getting to the machine... so I cant access it to clean up anything..

Reaction score
There is a battery on the logic board, and it can be replaced. This link can be helpful:

http://www.applerepairmanuals.com/the_manuals_are_in_here/PM7300_7500_7600_WS7350.pdf

Do a search on "Battery" to 1) see where it is located, and 2) see instructions on how to remove/replace it.[/QUOTE
There is a battery on the logic board, and it can be replaced. This link can be helpful:

http://www.applerepairmanuals.com/the_manuals_are_in_here/PM7300_7500_7600_WS7350.pdf

Do a search on "Battery" to 1) see where it is located, and 2) see instructions on how to remove/replace it.
many thanks for your time and input. I will check that route out.
cheers
rD

Reaction score
I will try to locate a shopthat sells those 3.6V lithium batteries... there should be one within a 100kms from my cabin in the woods... there dont seem to be too many travellers on the site... not least for a few years

Ask a Question