Problem with 'Hub' using loads of CPU and overworking the CPU fan from start up!

Reaction score
Hello!

I hope someone can help. I recently upgraded from Mavericks to Sierra and have been having this issue ever since, where as in Task Manager, a 'Hub' listing is taking nearly 70% of CPU usage from start up. The fan comes up almost instantly and if I quit 'Hub' in Task Manager, the fan stops. But seconds later, 'Hub returns!

It's an early 2011 Macbook Pro, 2.3 Ghz, i5, 8GB RAM and with a new SATA SSD drive 525GB.

I did a sample test in Task Manager and the 'Hub' seemed to be related to an AVID Pro Tools Cloud Client Services program that I don't even use. So I uninstalled it, using the appropriate AVID uninstaller, checked the path to see that it had gone and restarted the Mac. The program had been uninstalled successfully but the 'Hub' was still present, doing the same thing!

I then did an Etrecheck and it said that performance was 'Excellent'. I have uploaded some screenshots and files. If anyone could shed any light on this, then it would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thank you.

Attachments

• EtreCheck.pdf
    118.4 KB · Views: 735
  • Sample of Hub.txt
    49 KB · Views: 385
  • Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 09.54.57.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 09.54.57.png
    202.8 KB · Views: 306
  • Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 09.59.30.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 09.59.30.png
    55.7 KB · Views: 305
  • Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 09.59.36.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 09.59.36.png
    63 KB · Views: 323

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Which version of Pro Tools? I believe you need version 12.6 or later for macOS Sierra compatibility.

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Sounds like maybe the AVID uninstall didn't remove everything properly?

Did you try manually deleting the /Library/Application Support/Avid/Cloud Client Services folder, which includes Hub, and restart?

C

Reaction score
Sounds like maybe the AVID uninstall didn't remove everything properly?

Did you try manually deleting the /Library/Application Support/Avid/Cloud Client Services folder, which includes Hub, and restart?

C
Hi, yes I did do that and the folder no longer exists. However the 'Hub' is still in Task Manager.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Well, that's strange...both the Sample of Hub.txt and the EtreCheck.pdf files you uploaded show that the folder and Hub are still installed in that location. There are also several items from AVID that are loading...check the /Library/Startup Items and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders. The LaunchDaemons folder still has com.avid.hub.service.plist loading.

C

Reaction score
Well, that's strange...both the Sample of Hub.txt and the EtreCheck.pdf files you uploaded show that the folder and Hub are still installed in that location. There are also several items from AVID that are loading...check the /Library/Startup Items and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders. The LaunchDaemons folder still has com.avid.hub.service.plist loading.

C
Hi, I did what you suggested and deleted the hub file in the Launch Daemons folder. Restarted and that seems to have done the trick!! Thanks very much :)

Ask a Question