A doubled up startup screen problem

Reaction score
Configuring a new Macbook Air, after an abandoned attempt to transfer data from old to new mac, I now have two startup 'screens'. This happened because I was prompted to pick a different user account name, (presumably because there was already the original name registered). So now I have startup screen one, with one version of my computer account name, followed then by a second startup screen, with the changed name. In trying to remove this duplicate, I removed the original in Users and Accounts, and it no longer appears there, but the startup screen persists, making it necessary for me to log in twice to get online. Because I have configured all my websites , mail etc, I don't want to have to reinstall all . Can I somehow remove this first startup screen?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Sorry we didn't respond sooner, but glad you found the solution. We appreciate you letting us know.

Be well,

C

Ask a Question