New to macbook - HELP!

Reaction score
Hello!

I recently had a major problem with my old laptop, an hp.
It was infected with about 4 different trojan viruses and i was unable to use my laptop properly without a whole range of problems. So I invested in a macbook.

I managed to save some photos onto an external hard drive from my ruined laptop, but I am a little wary of transferring them onto my nice new macbook.

Is there any way of the photos being infected and therefore infecting my new laptop?
This might sound like such a dumb question, but I don't want to risk it!

Thanks in advance :tongue:

Reaction score
"Is there any way of the photos being infected and therefore infecting my new laptop?"

No. However, you can scan these photos with ClamXav before you transfer them to your Mac for peace of mind.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hello! Is there any way of the photos being infected and therefore infecting my new laptop?

Hi eil18 :)

FWIW, say that your photos were compromised by the Trojan/virus when they were on a PC ... once tranferred to your new Mac the chances of that Mac becoming infested would be minimal as Trojans/Viruses are largely targeted at Microsoft products.

However, if those photos were transferred on to another Windows computer then, that computer could be infected as the Trojan/Virus would be activated again.

I agree with Walrus666's advice regarding ClamXav. It's always good to have peace of mind :)

Ask a Question