Old macbook help

bza

Reaction score
hi there,
i have a macbook "core 2 duo"(white-08) (2.4, 13"), model A1181...with a badly cracked screen.

i need to mirror the desktop, as certain irretrievable internet settings exist on there, but to my hp spectre laptop.

any ideas on how i can do so?

thanks much,

a total noob

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

You cannot connect your MacBook directly to your HP and mirror the screen. Do you have access to an external display and video adapter?

You could use VNC or screen sharing, but it would be tough to enable and turn it on if you cannot see the Mac's screen at all.

C

bza

Reaction score
Hi Cory,

Thanks for your reply! I do have an external monitor; however, it is not a mac, it is an older Samsung (model 2333T). I am unsure which video adapter to buy, but will happily invest in any that allows me to access my old MacBook, if you could point me that way.

Thanks again. This means a great deal to me!

B.

bza

Reaction score
Also if there is a different monitor i could use, i would be happy to try to access one.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

Your MacBook (13-inch Early 2008) has a Mini-DVI port for video. You should be able to find an Apple Mini-DVI to DVI or Apple Mini-DVI to VGA (D-Sub) adapter that will allow you to connect your MacBook to your Samsung display. You could then use closed-display mode to view the contents, as long as there aren't any additional issues with the Mac.

C

Ask a Question