New Macbook Pro w/cloned HD - opening app issues -Ableton, Serato, Maschine, Protools

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Macbook Pro and upgraded the memory and RAM myself (16GB & 1TB 5700). I cloned the HD using Super Duper and reinstalled my important apps: Ableton Live, Serato Scratch, Native Instruments Maschine and Pro Tools. Everything runs smooth and extremely fast except for the previous list of music production apps.

The whole point of upgrading was to assure simultaneous, efficient use of heavy RAM dedicated software: Ableton, Serato, Maschine & Pro Tools. These apps all work, but it takes 3-5 min for these apps to actually open. They open faster on my 8 year old Macbook, but I can't have all these programs open at the same time due to RAM constraints (2GB).

Was there something I missed in the clone? Uninstall? Please inform me of any procedures/fixes. Appreciate the help. Thanks

Reaction score
Re: New Macbook Pro w/cloned HD - opening app issues -Ableton, Serato, Maschine, Prot

Do you mean a Mac Pro as the MacBook Pro is only rated to support up to 8GB.

Check your Console to see if there are any log messages while starting those Apps.

Ask a Question