Macbook Pro cant access OSX utilities and Internet Recovery

Reaction score
i am using a Mac book pro Early 2011 last week my HDD Broke down so yesterday i bought a new HDD Replacement and made a bootable USB drive to install a New OS on the new hard drive. but i cant access OSX utilities with CMD+R and also Tried CMD+Option+R to access Internet Recovery now im stuck with this issue where i cant install OSX to my new hard drive any Help will be Much appreciated

Reaction score
If you made a bootable USB Flash Drive with the Mac OS you want to install on it, then you should be able to boot your machine from that USB drive by 1) inserting the USB drive into one of the USB ports on the machine, and 2) start up your machine by holding down the Option key on startup. That should show you a list of bootable drives (should only be the USB drive). You would then select that drive, and the machine will boot from it. From there, you should be able to launch Disk Utility to Erase and Format (and if desired, Partition) that internal drive. If you are installing Mojave (OS 10.14.3), you would format the drive as APFS.

Ask a Question