New MacBook Pro DVDs being ejected after insert

Reaction score
Love this little notebook. All I can say is wow! I'm still learning bits and pieces about it and OSX -- A few differences from my wife's iBook G4.

I'm confused concerning DVDs. When I insert one, it's spit back out a few seconds later -- seems like it has time to think about it. Hmph.

Have tried it a few times with multiple discs. If I have Front Row or the DVD player running the disk stays in and I get an 'un-supported' error. I already set the region code for 1 upon inserting the first DVD however, nothing plays.

Occasionally the disc does not eject and gets stuck in a loop of some kind. I have to shutdown the computer and restart to get the disc out. Bad drive?

It read data DVDs without any issue.

Any ideas? Look forward to hearing from you guys.

Appreciate it,
Groove

Reaction score
Hey! I'm going to answer my own post with a fix! I needed to recycle the power management thingy.

-unplugged the power chord
-took out the battery
-then held down the power on button for 5 secs

Started up and everything is great!

-Groove

Reaction score
HAHA! I love when that happens. I never would have thought about doing that procedure either. Glad to hear it's working.

Cheerio
Searay

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there,

self help, well done !

Glad you got it fixed and thanks for posting your solution I'm sure it will help somebody else.

regards

Ric

Ask a Question