My printer won't print color even though it shows color on the IMac

Reaction score
I have the text in my document in color on the screen on my OS X El Capitan 10.11.6, but when I try to print it on my HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus it just prints black. I have cleaned the print heads and the printer says color. I can't find a setting on the IMac or the printer that will make it print the text in color.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I know this might appear odd but have you checked to see that there are actually colour cartridges in the printer?

In the past, has the printer had issues printing colour?

Reaction score
It has always printed color when I wanted it, until now. It won't work at all unless all the color cartridges are in place and working. The only thing I can think is that a setting in the computer or printer has been changed but I can't find anyplace to fix it.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome,

-Which application is you text document in - Word, Pages, etc.?
-Which version of that app are you using?
-Is Black & White checked in the print dialog box?
medium

C

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
I would suggest removing the printer in System Prefs ~> Printers & Scanners then reboot your Mac & with the printer connected & switched on, just add it again.

Let us know how this goes.

Ask a Question