Multi task/ control panel issue

Reaction score
Hi, would appreciate help. I want to listen to audio book on you tube and play games, FB,... I saw a video that showed swiping control panel up then playing there while doing other things. Trouble is, mine just keeps playing lousy music that comes from the read permanent music app. Please advise. Thanks. Cara

Reaction score
Hi,

Try this Instead of using the YouTube app, use your Safari web browser and then to YouTube.com. Next, select the audio book you want, play it, now exit to your home screen, which will stop the the audio book.
Finally, bring up the Control Centre and press the Play button in the music player. This will start playback of the YouTube audio book you just exited from. Now you can use your iPad for other things while listening to the audio book in the back ground.
That's how I use mine.

Reaction score
Hi,

Try this Instead of using the YouTube app, use your Safari web browser and then to YouTube.com. Next, select the audio book you want, play it, now exit to your home screen, which will stop the the audio book.
Finally, bring up the Control Centre and press the Play button in the music player. This will start playback of the YouTube audio book you just exited from. Now you can use your iPad for other things while listening to the audio book in the back ground.
That's how I use mine.

Reaction score
Hi,

Please post a link to the audio book so I can try, as I said works fine for me.

Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry forgot to mention you need to download a second browser,I use Mercury web browser as screen shot (1)Open your link to the lighting thief in the mercury browser then once it starts to play close it and open control centre and tap the play arrow and you should hear the narration as screen shot (2) Then use Safari for gaming, FB etc.
In my control centre screen shot under the play button you will see Mercury as that is the browser link and I was listening to the audio book while taking the screen shot
Works fine for me running IOS 7.1.1:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 391
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 405
Last edited:

Ask a Question