Supported devices for multitasking in iOS 11+?

Reaction score
Hi, I am actually planning on getting an iPad before I get my first mac because iPads are easier to learn about and easier on the wallet. Since splitscreen and other similar stuff will likely be something I value very much and will use on a day-to-day basis, I need to know what the requirements are for the use of multitasking features on iOS.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

You basically answered your question in the title of the post. Multitasking on an iPad requires iOS 11 or later.

Use Multitasking on your iPad

I believe pretty much any iPad that supports iOS 11 or later will support all of the multitasking capabilities, unless specific functions require certain hardware.

Feel free to continue the discussion if you have additional questions.

;)

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK...but the amount of RAM doesn't really matter in an iPad. If an iPad supports iOS 11 or later, then it will support Split View, and the following will support Slide Over: iPad Pro, iPad (5th generation and later), iPad Air and later, or iPad mini 2 and later.

Basically, all full size iPads since the iPad Air 2 have had 2 GB of RAM. The iPad Pro iPads have 4 GB. iPad minis since the 4 have 2 GB, and before that they had 1 GB.

Hope that helps,

C

Ask a Question