SOLVED MacOS Monterey

Reaction score
My Mc is a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013) with macos Big Sur 11.6.1. Working fine.
Can I install Monterey on this old Mac or has that nos ense?
Dirk

Reaction score
My Mc is a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013) with macos Big Sur 11.6.1. Working fine.
Can I install Monterey on this old Mac or has that nos ense?
Dirk
According to Apple support, the MacBook Pro, early 2015, is the oldest model capable of running macOS Monterey.

Reaction score
According to Apple support, the MacBook Pro, early 2015, is the oldest model capable of running macOS Monterey.
Monterey also contains security updates. If I cannot install Monterey, how can I keep up the safety level as high as possible/?

Reaction score
Monterey also contains security updates. If I cannot install Monterey, how can I keep up the safety level as high as possible/?
If you have Big Sur installed, its latest security updates will keep your safety level at optimal. If you have the latest Big Sur version 11.6.1, no separate security update yet that I know of. The latest Catalina security update is 2021-008.

Correction. The newest version of Big Sur is 11.6.2, and should be available from Software Update in System Preferences.

Last edited:

Ask a Question