Macbook Screen Issue

Reaction score
Hello, was hoping someone could help me out. My macbook screen will on work on the lowest brightness. If i turn it up all the way, it turns off. If I leave it on 1 or 2 brightness it will work an does not turn off. ANy idea what is causing this and how to fix it? Thank you

Reaction score
it turns off
do you mean the Mac shuts down or the screen goes black?

Sounds like a hardware problem, need to take it to the local Apple Service Centre.

Reaction score
The mac stays on an will continue to work fine as long as its on the lowest brightness. I took it to them an they want 280 as a flat fee just to fix it. Not worth the 280, external monitor works just fine. Figured maybe someone on here knew how to fix it.

Reaction score
If it's not a software problem, its a bit hard to fix over the internets;-)

280 sounds very reasonable, but if the Mac's not worth it then better to save up for a nice new one.

Reaction score
Some MacBook Pros have a known screen issue and qualify for a free replacement screen. I do not recall where on the Apple site I found out about this but my son's MB P was fixed for free. 1 Minute Ago #2

Oops! More accurately a screen related hardware issue not the screen itself.

Ask a Question