Macbook pro screen issue

Reaction score
Hello everybody!

I got a Macbook pro from my brother, it was acting weird so he bought a new one and passed this one down thinking i may be able to fix it.

I've already killed over an hour googling and searching these forums for a similar problem though, and am having trouble. Part of the problem is that i don't really know how to describe the issue - it looks like the screen is blurred after being turned on. I can move the house, but can't really make anything out.

The uploaded pictures are the same, the only difference is the grey blip that moves from left to right - that is the mouse.

Does anybody have any ideas about what is wrong here?? Or what hardware would need to be repaired, or what i need to do to diagnose the issue? Or what this problem is even called?

I'm going to keep looking around the forums, but i've had horrible luck so far :p

Attachments

• IMAG1180.jpg
    IMAG1180.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 310
  • IMAG1181.jpg
    IMAG1181.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 279
Reaction score
Check with Apple. Some MacBook Pros have a known screen issue and qualify for a free replacement screen.

Oops! More accurately a screen related hardware issue not the screen itself

Reaction score
I did check with apple, initially i was going to see how much it costs to have it repaired professonally and and wass lead in that direction. I decided though that if i can't diagnose/fix it myself, i will just sell it as-is.

Ask a Question