MacBook Pro Ventura 13.01. Cannot open PDF files

Reaction score
Does anyone have a fix, or Idea how to resolve PDF files not being able to be opened or downloaded from One Drive? I sometimes get an error saying "can't start partner application" otherwise the file is there, allows me to select "Open" but nothing actually happens?
Running macOS Ventura 13.01. ONE DRIVE is upto date

Reaction score
Does anyone have a fix, or Idea how to resolve PDF files not being able to be opened or downloaded from One Drive? I sometimes get an error saying "can't start partner application" otherwise the file is there, allows me to select "Open" but nothing actually happens?
Running macOS Ventura 13.01. ONE DRIVE is upto date
First of all, I recommend updating macOS to version 13.1. I good number of issues were fixed in the current version. In general, it also helps if you can provide the make/model of your Mac, as well as the amount of RAM and the size of the startup drive/SSD.

What application is assigned to open PDF files as default? Are you opening the PDF file from its location (One Drive)? Try copying it to a local folder (e.g., Desktop folder) and opening it from there. Have you tried right-clicking the file and selecting Open With and specifying your app of choice? Try opening it with another PDF app.

Even though I have Office 365, I do not use OneDrive. I had issues with it in the past and never bothered to try it again. But if a local copy of the PDF file opens without issue, it might be time to look into problems with OneDrive.

Ask a Question