Maddening MacBook Pro Issue

Reaction score
I have a confounding problem with a MacBook Pro that I hope I can find the answer to here. I am a Photographer using two MacBook Pros in the Studio. About a week ago one of the laptops would not function properly; when powered up the trackpad fails to function (select anything) and the keyboard does not function. I can move the cursor using the trackpad and /or a mouse, but it will not select anything. Here is the maddening part- If I take the laptop to another location, it's fine! Everything is functioning as it should. I've been to the Genius Bar twice! and feel like I'm crazy- everything is perfect, then I come back to the Studio and nothing works! I cannot figure this out. My main MacBook is fine, with no issues. It's the secondary one that will not function in this environment. Again, offsite is fine, with no issues. Onsite and it will not function. I've tried powering down the main laptop so there isn't some Bluetooth interference, and changing mice and keyboards, without success. Help!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Strange issue indeed! From the explanation, it sounds like an environmental issue, since it only happens in the studio.

Are there any Bluetooth devices setup on the Mac with the issue? If so, have you tried deleting them from that Mac and/or disabling Bluetooth altogether and only using the built-in keyboard/trackpad?

C

Ask a Question