Macbook pro display completely black

Reaction score
The macbook seems to work completely fine besides the screen being completely black. However upon closer inspection, after logging in the macbooks brightness seems to be locked on the lowest setting, barely visible. I cannot turn up the brightness with the f2 key or turn it down with the f1 key. Any help is appreciated, i will tell if I have found a solution on my own.
Edit: I can see part of the screen, but the only way I can really make out any shapes is if I shine a flashlight on the screen.

Edit 2: I've discovered that the problem is definitely in the screen, after making my way to brightness settings and putting it at max, to no avail.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The macbook seems to work completely fine besides the screen being completely black. However upon closer inspection, after logging in the macbooks brightness seems to be locked on the lowest setting, barely visible. I cannot turn up the brightness with the f2 key or turn it down with the f1 key. Any help is appreciated, i will tell if I have found a solution on my own.
Edit: I can see part of the screen, but the only way I can really make out any shapes is if I shine a flashlight on the screen.

Edit 2: I've discovered that the problem is definitely in the screen, after making my way to brightness settings and putting it at max, to no avail.
The same thing happened to my MacBook Pro. You will indeed be able to make out images on the screen, especially with a flashlight. Unfortunately, that means that the backlight has gone out and I had to bring it to Apple for repair.

Ask a Question