Macbook Pro screen Display Issue

Reaction score
Dear Friends,

I am facing an issue on my macbook screen. There are white pixels on top-right corner and it is spreading out fast from there. It has been doing this only since last 3 months. (This is when the monitor is ON). Could some one help me identify exactly what the cause might be, and what the issue is?
I am attaching 4 photos of my screen here. Each is with a different background colour.
It seems I might have to replace screen, but I wanted to know what is happening. I was not able to find a similar issue on Youtube.

Thanks,

Attachments

• black_backgroundPicture copy.jpg
    black_backgroundPicture copy.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 133
  • blue_backgroundPicture copy.jpg
    blue_backgroundPicture copy.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 112
  • gray_backgroundPicture copy.jpg
    gray_backgroundPicture copy.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 170
  • white_backgroundPicture copy.jpg
    white_backgroundPicture copy.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 125

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Unfortunately, that looks like there may be some pressure or condensation damage to the LCD panel.

-Are there any dents on the outer case in that area?
-Was the MacBook Pro left in a vehicle overnight, where there was a lot of humidity or large temperature change?
-Is the display glass cracked in the red rectangle area, or is it a reflection of something in the room?

black_backgroundPicture copy.jpg

Let us know and we'll diagnose from there.

C

Reaction score
Actually there are NO externally observable physical damage. I took good care of this machine, although it is quite old now (mid 2012). Performance wise it is fast and operative. I dont do much Graphics related work.

I have had a protective outershell around the macbook for long time. No physical fall or anything.

- No dents on outer case
- Havent left it anywhere with humidity or abnormal temperature change
- It is a reflection of an electrical wire in the background. No cracks on the display.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

It still could be pressure damage, even though you have an outer shell case on the MBP. It's hard to tell without seeing it in person.

C

Reaction score
Thank you for your replies.
I am attaching the images of the display outer panel of my MBP. There are no dents visible.

Attachments

• IMG_0337.jpg
    IMG_0337.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_20200826_184649.jpg
    IMG_20200826_184649.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 97
Reaction score
Could someone here tell me where I can buy a 13.3 inch screen for MBP (mid 2012), who may ship to India?
I hope to get a not too costly screen.

Thanks in advance.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

You should be able to find a screen on the Internet from vendors like iFixIt or eBay. It is a fairly involved process to replace it, and isn't normally recommended for the end-user.

Be well,

C

Ask a Question