MacBook Pro powers on to white screen

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which exact model MacBook Pro?
-Which version of OS X/macOS?
-Have you recently had any other issues - freezing/hanging/etc.?
-Do you happen to know how much free space is left on the drive?

C

Reaction score
Thanks

- 13" Retina display, late 2015

-MACOS High Sierra version 10.13.6

Not recently. I do not power off every day. But did do so yesterday. Today when I started the white screen appeared. The start up sound comes and yet screen is white. I have tried Shift + Power on, Opt+Command+P+R +power, Shift+Control+Opt + Power, but still nothing doing.

- More than half the space is free.

Thanks. Please help

Darin

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

-You could try a Safe Boot - hold the Shift key down until you see the Apple logo (if you do) when starting up.
-You could try holding the Option key to see if you get the Startup manager.
-It could be a corrupted OS install, or a hardware issue - logic board, drive, display/display cable.

C

Reaction score
Thanks

Safe Boot did not work

Option key try also did not work

every time, white screen.

Under a year ago, I also had the problem of unable to boot and it was a corrupted OS install. Can I do something myself regards this ?
For I live in Sri Lanka. And going to the Apple service shop is easy but costs really a lot. Even the minimum for them to just take it and look is a week's Supermarket cost. A hard ware issue would be the cost of a laptop. So I am really nervous about that, in fact not affordable.

What do you suggest ?

Many Thanks.

Darin

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
If those steps didn't work, then unfortunately I would guess it is a hardware issue. Because you cannot get anything except the white screen, a reinstall probably wouldn't be possible.

I guess it is up to you on whether to take it in for service. I don't really have any additional steps you can try.

C

Reaction score
Hi
I have kept the MacBook powered.
Suddenly today when I tried a safe boot, there was NO white screen. Instead a colored screen with a pattern of stripes in colors appeared. I could not go any further.

Will it somehow come out of its corruption ?

Darin

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

No, that colored pattern screen is indicative of a hardware failure with the display panel or logic board.

C

Ask a Question