MacBook Air 11" Mid 2011 A1370 EMC2471 - Backlight on, Fan on, Processor hot, but BLACK screen and NO external display

Reaction score
Hi all

Well, this one has me scratching my head ... all seems to be working fine, but there is no display on the screen and nothing on the external monitor.

I have tried all the various reset and startup options, have reseated the connectors, removed and replaced the battery (which was swollen by the way), visually checked the boards (could be that there might have been some water ingress, but nothing obviously wrong, just some discolourisation of some pads on the PCB).

Any ideas? I am stuck ...

Cheers,
C.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Because there is no internal or external video, it sounds like a logic board/graphics hardware issue. You have done quite a bit of troubleshooting, and there isn't much else to suggest. It may be hard to diagnose from this point, since it cannot be seen in person.

Maybe try to see if you can get the display to work and possibly run the built-in Apple Diagnostics: How to use Apple Diagnostics on your Mac

C

Ask a Question