Mid 2012 MacBook Pro 13" display issue ?

Reaction score
Hello , new guy here . As stated my pro 13" screen is acting up . In a certain area of the screen , clicking a link does not work . If I scroll the page up or down from there it work as normal . Is this a display problem or something more deeply rooted ?

thanks for reading , JD-7

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Normally, a hardware issue with the display will not cause that issue. It sounds more like a software issue, or possibly a trackpad issue - although that isn't likely.

-Which version of OS X/macOS?
-Does it happen in every application and in Finder?

C

Reaction score
Hi . Thanks for replying . It is 10.15.4 Catalina . It does not happen in Finder , it happens in 2 of the browsers I use most : Fire Fox 76.0.1 and Brave , Safari seems OK .

JD

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

If it is limited to those two browsers, then it may be some form of ad-blocker or extension. I would look into that, as maybe there is a blocked pop-up that you can't see that is invisibly blocking that part of the web page. The latest version of Firefox is 76.0.1 - maybe try updating it.

I have never heard of the Brave browser...I will download it and test it with one of my "test" Macs.

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK

I did download and install the Brave browser...I see it has what they call Shields - maybe something with that?

C

Ask a Question