Can’t download Catalina to MacBook Pro mid 2012

Reaction score
I urgently need to download this OS but can’t!! I have 182gb free, running Sierra currently and can’t work out why it won’t let me download. I’ve tried Mojave’s and same thing. Click on the download button in the App Store and it greys the button out and spins around on top left corner of screen but nothing happens. Please help! Need it to download a program for a training day tomorrow! Thanks

Reaction score
I urgently need to download this OS but can’t!! I have 182gb free, running Sierra currently and can’t work out why it won’t let me download. I’ve tried Mojave’s and same thing. Click on the download button in the App Store and it greys the button out and spins around on top left corner of screen but nothing happens. Please help! Need it to download a program for a training day tomorrow! Thanks
Maybe because Apple no longer supports that model/year and wants you buy a new device?
(rest of apple derogatory comment self censored)

Reaction score
I had the same issues and had to remove a lot of files to allow the update to be installed.

Reaction score
I also had that problem when trying to move to High Sierra and it turned out to be a problem with my RAM that was only manifesting itself in that way.Run First Aid within Disk Utility and that will show if there are errors. If I remember correctly it just gives you an error number which you can google. I got new RAM and it work fine.

Reaction score
Maybe because Apple no longer supports that model/year and wants you buy a new device?
(rest of apple derogatory comment self censored)
I had to upgrade to at least a 2014 MacBook Pro and I’m now running OS 10.13. The main reason I won’t upgrade to Catalina is because my favorite app is The Print Shop won’t be compatible with it. I’m still a casual user that technology is leaving behind while pushing upgrades. I guess that’s why I have two obsolete MacBooks to keep what I like.

Ask a Question