SOLVED Logic Board on Mid 2012 Macbook Pro

Reaction score
I have an interesting problem that has occurred on my mid 2012 MacBook Pro. I created on a 500 GB Samsung SSD a Windows partition for Win 7 Ultimate, and upgraded the setting on the NVIDIA video used on the Windows side. And after setting up and playing games in Win 7 I attempted to get back into MacOS when I noted that the Mac side wouldn't come up. I shut down completely and attempted to get into MacOS again, and again the Mac although made the Apple sound, I had no video. When I allowed the Mac to go into the WIndows side, it did load. I repeated the shut down and restart allowing the Mac to cool down, still no video on the Mac side. I have ordered a new logic board for it. I wanted to know if anyone else has seen this problem.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I am not sure it is a logic board issue, as it works normally in Windows. But, it could be a MBP that was part of this repair extension program for video issues: MacBook Pro 2011-2013 with Video Problems Eligible for Free Repair, which unfortunately expired in February 2016.

-Which exact model MacBook Pro?
-Which version of OS X/macOS?
-Did you perform a manual disk partition and manual Windows install, or use Boot Camp?
-Have you tried Option-booting to use the Startup Manager to choose macOS?

C

Reaction score
Apologies for not getting back since my previous posting, but I have resolved the problem by unfortunately replacing the logic board. It's working well now. Thanks though for the pretty.

Ask a Question