MacBook Pro 15 Unibody 2009 LCD No Backlight

• Thank You for your time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thank you for your time

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DeK

Reaction score
Hello, I have a MacBook pro 15in 2009 2.83ghz intel core 2 duo, and recently had water spilled on it. Most of the water was spilled on the LVDS connector on the logic board "there was a bunch of black residue around that area". After the spill, the macbook powered up and would connect to an external monitor just fine, but the LCD was completely dead " no image even with a flashlight to it". I just recently replaced the logic board and the LCD LVDS cable and now the screen works but theres no backlight " can only see an image faintly with a flashlight to it".
So my question is do i replace the LCD? if so do i need the complete housing unit or will replacing just the LCD sceen work? or is there something else im missing? ive also tried reseting PRAM with no luck. Any help greatly appreicated thank you

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Without having hands-on access and the ability to run diagnostics on the MBP, it would be hard to determine the cause of your issue. There could be additional anti-static or liquid damage to any one of the related parts - logic board, display data cable, or the LCD display. It is very easy to damage those parts during repair, if proper procedures aren't followed with proper training/experience.

Normally, parts in the LCD assembly aren't repaired at the component-level, the entire LCD assembly is replaced. Maybe the backlight board has failed.

C

Ask a Question