Help I deleted my OS! (Macbook Pro Mid-2012)

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am trying to upgrade my Mid-2012 Macbook Pro so I started by erasing my hard drive.

I am a noob so I messed up and didn't realize it would delete my OS also. I was on Mojave.

Now, when I do CMD+R at startup, it only offers for me to reinstall LION.
Does anyone have any advice?

I really would like to be on Mojave because it is much better and faster….., right?

I'm planning on putting in a new battery, a Samsung 860 EVO SSD, and 2x8GB of Corsair RAM after that.

Does anyone have any good advice they can offer in this situation? Thanks!

Reaction score
Pressing Command + R at startup will reinstall macOS from the built-in recovery disk on your computer, in your case Lion.

To install the latest version of macOS from the internet: Press and hold Option + Command + R
This will install the latest version of macOS that is compatible with your computer.

Reaction score
Pressing Command + R at startup will reinstall macOS from the built-in recovery disk on your computer, in your case Lion.

To install the latest version of macOS from the internet: Press and hold Option + Command + R
This will install the latest version of macOS that is compatible with your computer.

thank you sir this really helped.

after much difficulty, i now am seeing the option to install CATALINA. i have two options of where to install it... should i install it to BOOTCAMP disk or to Macintosh HD disk?

thank you very much

Ask a Question