Macbook Pro Help Needed with External Monitor

Reaction score
Hi there!

I've got a 2017 MacBook Pro with a cracked screen. Because of that, I have it hooked up to an Acer Monitor via HDMI and a usb-c hub.

I did a full shut down last night and now I can't get the computer to show up on the monitor. Monitor is on and hdmi plugged in.

When this has happened in the past, I hit CMD-F1 to turn off mirroring. That isn't working.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Hi there!

I've got a 2017 MacBook Pro with a cracked screen. Because of that, I have it hooked up to an Acer Monitor via HDMI and a usb-c hub.

I did a full shut down last night and now I can't get the computer to show up on the monitor. Monitor is on and hdmi plugged in.

When this has happened in the past, I hit CMD-F1 to turn off mirroring. That isn't working.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
I recommend resetting your SMC, then resetting your PRAM. Keep in mind that if you have external SSDs connected as ATA devices, you will need to re-enable TRIM.

Ask a Question