MacBook Pro Freezes + Flashes and is SLOW.

Reaction score
I have a MacBook Pro with OS X 10.6.3
2.4 GHz Intel Core Duo

BEFORE this computer I had a simple MacBook that had Logic Board complete shutdown at around a year and a half after I bought it. So BestBuy gave me this one for free (I warranted the darn thing, thank goodness).

I've had it less then two weeks and it's already throwing fits. It Freezes when I'm listening to music on iTunes (or at random while I'm surfing the web or just writing in iWork). It Flashes white randomly, when I do the four finger stroke down (you know the multi touch track-pad stuff) "see all windows" thing. It pops right back out of it. ALL the time.

and it's slow. VERY slow.

Needless to say, I've half the mind to defect to being a PC.

I've never had problems with mac's before these last two (use to own a mac mini, never had any problems). No I'm not using any programs that will cause these, no I'm not using a USB mouse. My MacBook was faster then this piece of poo, and this is suppose to be superior.

Any idea of how to fix this before I waist another 3 weeks computer-less while the geek squad sucks me dry of cash?

Ask a Question