Macbook pro and Cinema Display

Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first post.
I've just purchased a Macbook Pro 13'' Retina Display and I connected it to my Apple Cinema Display 20'' through a "Mini Display Port to DVI Adapter".

It works fine, but if the Mackbook lid/display is closed down, the image on the Cinema Display will only shows if the power adapter is connected to de Macbook. Once I remove the power adapter cable, the Cinema Display turns black and won't "wake up" unless I slightly open the Macbook's lid/display.

My question is:
Once I'm using the Macbook/Cinema Display combo as a desktop for long periods, what is the best way to manage the Macbook's power? Having it connected all the time to the power adapter (with the lid/display closed down) will significantly decrease its battery life? Should I use the battery (with the Macbook's lid/display slightly opened) and work the entire battery cycle till the end and then recharge?

Thank You for your help.

TONI

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I run my 2007 MBP in closed-lid mode most of the time. You need the AC adapter connected to run it in closed-lid mode. Simply disconnect everything and run the battery fully down 1-2 times a month and the battery should be fine.

C

Ask a Question